A Brief Guide to Advocating for Cats
1) Learn about issues facing cats and how laws can be improved
2) Contact your local paper about issues and ask them to write about them (or write your own articles)
3) Distribute literature in your area
4) Educate your elected officials by sending letters and attending board meetings
5) Learn what you can do on your own to make a difference in a more hands-on way (i.e. TNR, volunteer, feed colony cats, make shelters for feral cats)
6) Educate your community in a polite, helpful way. Get the word out any way you can. Awareness helps create change!